Monday, October 18, 2010

Review: Alpha by Rachel Vincent

Alpha by Rachel Vincent The sixth and final book in the Shifter Series.

The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.

It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can—that will—change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.

But life never waits until you're ready.




OK here is my feelings,

I am now officially in series mourning... I have over the years come to look forward to the release of a new shifter book as I would if I were a child looking forward to my birthday. I have to say that it deeply saddens me to have to say goodbye to the characters I have come to care about with all their flaws, trials and tribulations. There are choices made *yez the Jace Marc Faythe triangle* tears shed *mine* lives lost and partings. I cried like a fool many time while reading Alpha, I also laughed and wanted to smack several characters (as I always do while reading the Shifter books)
All that said Ms Vincent has sent our Pride off with a wonderful last story. The ending left me with a tear in my eye and a smile on my face. So fellow series addicts have no fear of the end.. you will close this book feeling that it might be the end but happy you were given a wonderful ending.. not cheated.
I also hope that with some story lines left to their own devices at the end that if in the future that if Ms Vincent wants to revisit the Pride world there are so many stories left to be told. I give Alpha a hole hearted 5 outta 5.
Thank you again to Nancy and Tricia for telling me about this series.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a little comment so I know you have been by my little book lovN blog :O) Comments are loved and always appreciated!