Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review Rachel Vincents Shift


Amazon description: Being the first female werecat enforcer isn't easy. Scars accumulate, but I'm stronger in so many ways.
As for my personal life? It's complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother's death and my father's impeachment, it's all I can do to prevent more blood from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.
With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option….


Damn! Murder, mayhem, treachery & sexual tension! This installment in the shifter series has it all... Add A flight of pissed off Thunderbirds to the mix and you have a read I thoroughly enjoyed. Shift starts up right where Prey lets off. So Faythe, Marc and Jace along with all the other South Central Pride cats are up to their whiskers in trouble.

I have a favorite line, but hesitate to post it this early. I would hate to spoil the "moment" for any other reader. But I will here... read at your own risk of spoilerage.... !!

"My Mom Just handed Blackwell his shriveled old balls in front of everyone!"


There was some major Fathye / Jace flirting going on too.. *smacks faythe in the head* sigh.. I am all Team Marc.. I can see Team Jace's point :O) But seriously I heart Mark!

You get catch a glimpse of what Jace's childhood was really like, and why he is so loyal to Greg Saunders and his pride. They have been more a family to him than his own mother and step "brothers". Calvin Malone will stop at nothing to make sure his evil spawn are the next generation of Alphas! Malone is just about the rottenest dude eveah! I just want to smack Patricia Malone in the head and say WAKE up! Don't you see what evil you have been living with! but I digress...

Wow, how about the addition of the Thunderbirds! I was surprised how much of the story revolved around them and their actions. After the action got going there was no stopping. I very much enjoyed the Thunderbird/ Werecat interaction.. Each with their own traditions and Laws. Nothing is as important to the Thunderbirds than honor, and they are taken aback by the fact that they have been duped by Malone. Faythe and Kaci are the ones held accountable to set things right. Faythe must prove that her Pride had nothing to do with the murder of their cock *snickers* Finn, or Kaci will be put to death in just 48 hours!

There is nonstop action. I enjoyed Shift from cover to cover!~! oohhh and not to forget along the way Faythe and Jace have picked up yet another enemy that I am sure will be wreaking some major havoc in Alpha..


Now seriously I can't wait to get my hands on Alpha due out in September 2010!




2 comments:

  1. Great review. I posted mine today though I'm not as optimistic in mine even though I'm a die hard fan of Rachel's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading Shift in the wee hours of the morning. I have to say that I think Rachel Vincent delivered again. Lots of excitement and an interesting new species in the mix. Can't wait to read Alpha.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a little comment so I know you have been by my little book lovN blog :O) Comments are loved and always appreciated!