Tuesday, January 31, 2012

from Laini Taylor's blog: And the new title IS ...

Awesome news I am soooooo excited about this.... I love love love Daughter of smoke and Bone and cannot wait to see what next happens to Karou and Akiva!~!
Laini Taylor's blog: And the new title IS ...:

Friday, January 27, 2012


And the new title IS ...

Hello!

Thanks for coming by the title unveiling ceremony for the sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I'm really really excited to let even the tiniest bit of this book out into the world. Whew. Nervous though! You may remember the false alarm of last month. Sorry about that. Ahem. Ha ha.

Anyway, earlier this week I got the official go-ahead from Little, Brown to tell you the real title, and to give you this wee teaser too. I should say that this book is unedited and unfinished. It is not a book at all. It is a manuscript, a work in progress. Bear all that in mind.



Okay.

Okay.

Here's the teaser. Ready?

I'm nervous.

Here it is ...



Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a new way of living—one without massacres and torn throats and bonfires of the fallen, without revenants or bastard armies or children ripped from their mothers’ arms to take their turn in the killing and dying.
Once, the lovers lay entwined in the moon’s secret temple and dreamed of a world that was a like a jewel-box without a jewel—a paradise waiting for them to find it and fill it with their happiness.


This was not that world.







There! I hope you like it. I love it. Love love love.

Feel free to drag and drop the above title treatment to your blog or Twitter or wherever; it is courtesy of Little, Brown, on the quick. (It felt so unceremonious to just type it out. Heavens forfend!)

Days of Blood and Starlight, slated for Fall 2012 release. Thank you for coming over here to celebrate the title with me. I can't wait until this book is A BOOK!


Happy Friday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a little comment so I know you have been by my little book lovN blog :O) Comments are loved and always appreciated!