Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review: The Countess by Lynsay Sands

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/312iWutBLkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The fairy tale courtship did not turn into a happily-ever-after . . .

Not until her husband dropped dead, that is. He had been horrible enough to Christiana during their short marriage, and she was not going to allow the traditional period of mourning to ruin her sisters' debuts as well. So she decides to put him on ice and go on as if nothing's happened . . .

Until the real earl appears. Richard Fairgrave had every intention of confronting his villainous twin who had robbed him of his name and title . . . only to discover that he had died. Quietly assuming his identity, Richard must now deal with a maddening desire for his ravishing inherited "wife"— certainly a gold digger and possibly a murderess. And Christiana must deal with an unwanted new "husband" . . . and they both must figure out what to do before the ice melts...

Ok Here I go..
I am much more familiar with Ms Sands Argeneau Vampire Series than her Historical Novels, I decided if they are half as funny what the hell, I will give it a try.
The Countess reminds me of the screwball comedies of the 40's mixed Think Arsenic and Old Lace mixed with Weekend at Bernie's, some of the action was enough to me me laugh out loud.

At one point when the butler was describing what he saw, the scene so well described very funny indeed. What Ms Sand delivers is a Funny, Charming, Sexy tale. A fun start to a new Trilogy
Thank you to Net Galley for the e-arc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a little comment so I know you have been by my little book lovN blog :O) Comments are loved and always appreciated!