Monday, April 12, 2010

Review: The Van Allen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.


I have just finished the fourth installment of the Blue Blood series, The Van Allen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz. Over the 4 books I have come to care about the characters in this series. My goodness did Ms de la Cruz mess with them!

The story starts off a year after Revelations left off. Schuyler Van Allen and Oliver Hazard-Perry are on the run from the Conclave after Schuyler has been convicted of killing her Grandfather Lawrence.

There are so many plot twists and turns that my head was spinning.... ohhhhh not him........ ohhhhh not that.... geeeeze..... Nooooo way.... It is truly a compelling suspenseful and complex story. You have to pay attention more in this installment. A lot of the back story is filled in. The book POV rotates between, Schuyler’s, Mimi’s and Bliss’s viewpoints.

Lets not forget that Mimi Force joined forces with Kingsley Martin (*My favorite Character*)as part of his Venator team. They search for Sophia the Watcher. I liked the interaction between Mimi and Kingsley,
also the way the Characters changed and grew as the story progressed.

With the Love triangle :O)? getting more complicated between Jack, Mimi Schuyler, Oliver,and........ ohhh no I am not going to spill da beans...

And Brother... the way this story ends I am sure that there will be some major plot twists and surprises. I can't wait to see what Ms de la Cruz has in store for us next! I feel that this is the strongest plot driven story of the series.


it is really a 4 1/2 :O)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a little comment so I know you have been by my little book lovN blog :O) Comments are loved and always appreciated!